Cream Cheese Walnut Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3 ounces cream cheese, room temp
1/2 cup plus 1/8 cup sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup toasted walnuts, and chopped
1/2 cup walnuts finely chopped
1. Line two baking sheets with parchment; set aside. Whisk together flour and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a mixer, beat butter and cream cheese on medium until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in sugar and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture until just combined (do not over mix). Mix in toasted walnuts.
3. Transfer and shape dough into an 8-inch log, about 2-inches in diameter. Wrap tightly and freeze until firm about 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Roll log in finely chopped walnuts, coating completely. Cut log into 1/4 inch rounds and transfer to cookie sheet.
5. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden around edges, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Store in airtight container at room temp for up to 3 days.